Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dolphins



I was running on the beach yesterday on South Padre Island.


This is a very "cool" island.


One local who I have met here calls it the"perfect island for imperfect people". 


How cool is that ?


About halfway through my run I stopped to watch a group (pod?) of dolphins surfing the waves.


They would catch an incoming wave and ride it on the crest almost to the shore. 


They did it just for fun.


It is hard to imagine (as I watch wild dolphins surfing) a time when "educated" (yes, I am being sarcastic) people thought animals were like machines and had no feelings or emotions. 


I am always amazed by the stupidity and arrogance of so many educated people.


In any event, these dolphins were clearly enjoying the experience of surfing the waves.


They reminded me of an earlier time in my life when I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to swim with dolphins long before it became popular. 


I dug up an old picture. Dolphins are so cool. And yes, I am certain they have feelings, emotions, and that "they think (so therefor like ourselves) they are". (paraphrasing Descartes famous "I think, therefore I am". 

No comments:

Post a Comment