Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hectic


It has been over a week since I have had time to even consider an update on this blog.

Last week I spent nearly every day dealing with doctors and Lori's treatment options and trying to figure out a "go forward" strategy that would give Lori the best chance to beat the odds.

That accomplished we got her in a new clinical trial at NIH and are now waiting for the first test results from this new chemotherapy which should be coming around December 12. So for all of you who are praying for her, please keep the prayers coming. They really do work. 

I also had several meetings with individuals who are interested in investing in our company to help us raise the capital we need to expand our aquaculture production here in Texas.

Some savvy people are starting to "get it" and are beginning to realize how big this opportunity could be.

I also had occasion over the past two weeks to be reminded that some people still have not read my book, "Undercover", available now as an e-book on Amazon.com.

It is very inexpensive as an e-book and if you are curious about my evolution and my passions for animals and the environment it is worth a read. I have been told by many readers that they found the book "interesting and entertaining". That is very cool. 

I had a great Thanksgiving actually one of my favorite in a long time. We had dinner at Hunter's Inn in Potomac, Md., where my son Stephen, is the Executive Chef. 

I am back in Texas now working on the drafting of our initial set of construction documents that we need to have ready to put out for contractor bids early in the New Year.

I am looking forward to the "Hobbit", the new movie from Peter  Jackson that is based on the story of how Bilbo found the "one ring". 

I do not know of any movie being adapted from a literary work that was as satisfying and as complete as the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The "Hobbit" should be great fun. 

I also am curious about the new Tom Cruise movie "Jack Reacher". The Jack Reacher books by author Lee Child are one of my favorite book series. I am cautiously optimistic that Cruise can pull off the character but am also ready for disappointment.  

Hopefully, the product of a movie based on the Lee Child books will not approach the desultory designation,  as has every movie attempt to take the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler to the big screen. Those movies have been horrific even the last one "Safari" with an "A" list cast. 

Movies do not stimulate one's brain like a good book , but they can offer a few hours of pleasant escapism and given the hectic nature and stress of the past two years I will take any short "recess" from the real world that I can get. 

Thought for the day from author Toni Morrison, "Wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down".  

No comments:

Post a Comment