Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mayan Miss


Well 12-12-12 came and went and the world seems to still be spinning.

Whatever the Mayans' prophesy was supposed to portend modern civilization evidently failed to ascertain. 

The Mayan doomsday "end of the world" scenario certainly made good fodder for countless sci-fi books and TV movie and even a full theatrical event of two, but in the end it was just another false prediction.



On a very positive note I managed to capture all five of my young possums, the ones I have been feeding for four months every since there mother introduced me them shortly after they were big enough to leave her pouch.

A very capable licensed wildlife rehabilitation picked them up this morning and after explaining to me how she will get their natural foraging instincts back in synch, using live grubs, crickets, etc. I feel very good about their future chances after they are released in a few months in a protected wildlife area. 

Now if I can just catch the stray black cat I have also been feeding here, I am ready to head back to Maryland for Christmas and for for the next three weeks, leave the Rio Grande Valley behind me. 

We have an offer to purchase a very desirable site about 100 miles north of here which will be the perfect location for our first first full scale farm which will see our initial production expansion phase over the next few years surpass 5 million pounds annually.

The engineers are standing by ready to do all the necessary site assessment and solid work in order to confirm that the site does indeed meet our needs. 

I anticipate that report will be positive and that we will close on the land early in 2013.

So, I am looking forward to being back in the DC area for Christmas. 

I am looking forward to seeing the first installment of "The Hobbit" from Peter Jackson. Being a big Tolkien fan, this movie is going to be a real delight.

I am very interested in seeing how Tom Cruise handles the character of Jack Reacher in the first movie adaptation of the Lee Child series.

Lori's MRI yesterday showed "no progression" in growth in her current brain lesion so that buys her another three-four weeks, a true Christmas blessing. (Thank you God). 

Stephen, my son, gets back from ten days in Thailand tomorrow so he will be home for Christmas which is very cool. 

I like the music, the decorations, and the food and flavors of the season, and must admit I even like the cold weather and the possibility of a few snow flurries in the air this time of year.

Washington, DC and its surrounding environs is truly one of the most beautiful places to be this time of year.

With a little luck I should be packed and on the road heading home in a day or two. 

Sometimes life "can" be sweet. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment