Monday, October 7, 2013

I'M BACK


It has been a while. I took a hiatus.

Writing had gotten almost too draining.

I was starting to relive every agonizing minute of every agonizing day.

That said, writing this blog has always been more about a catharsis for myself then about having readers or followers. That said, I appreciate the thousands of you and yes it is thousands of you that actually take the time to read much of my drivel.

OK, so here is a quick catch up. Lori continues to battle her cancer. She is currently being treated at Baylor Cancer Center by Dr. Joyce O'Shauyhnessy and we love her.

Lori is on a chemo cocktail of avastintaxol, and cisplatin (spellings are probably all wrong but what the hell, Lori is alive and this is month 33 since she contracted tnbc.) They and I mean by "they" every doctor except Dr. Joyce gave her a few months at best. 

Lori is a fighter and she has a long way to go. Current plan is to put out fire of metastatic activity , make a FANG vaccine and then look at stem cell research.

Keep praying. Prayer really works.

Shrimp aquaculture project is going beyond well. I don't even like to talk about it anymore because it is going to shock the world in 2014. One thing I must take a bit of pride in. One of our very special (and bright) international partners wanted to do a  taste test as he felt our shrimp might be good enough to be "sushi grade". 

I was opposed to the idea. I mean hell, I know we can sell our shrimp at top dollar now, why lower expectations.

My son, Stephen, a trained chef insisted I was wrong and he arranged and set up a taste test of GBT shrimp in Port Isabel two weeks ago with a leading and I mean a world renown leading Japanese chef flying in from Japan to take stock of what our flavor profile really is with GBT shrimp.

I stayed away too nervous to be involved. Stephen and the team at PI handled everything.

I think the pictures and the signed certificate say it all.









So, moral of story. Have faith in your product and always trust your # 1 son.

On fun notes I just finished reading "Sea Monsters on Medieval and Renaissance Maps" which was great fun. 

Just read "Medieval Dogs" by Kathleen Walker-Meikle , which frankly was "underwhelming".

Rereading "Sex, Death, and Fly Fishing" which always perks me up. Author is John Gierach and if you fish and have not read his works you are truly, sadly, lacking a major uplifting force in your life.

Going to reread Howell Raines "Fly Fishing through Midlife Crisis" soon. ( it is a book that helps keep me sane). 

Also starting to get my fly rods out, as it is about time for a bone fish fishing trip soon, somewhere.

I am back. It feels good.




No comments:

Post a Comment