Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday musings



Sunday morning in South Texas, windy, warm, and sunny.


Not a bad environment in which to enjoy one's life.


Lot's to do in the weeks ahead.


Major priority is to secure the needed funding to expand our production capacity. 


Have initiated several different strategies to pursue toward that objective, any of which in and of themselves can work to make that happen.


I am very confident we will be successful in getting those funds over the next few months. 


In addition to creating a significant number of jobs, being sustainable, environmentally very friendly, bio-secure, our system is also very profitable. 


I will be meeting with various individuals and agencies to get that process fully moving forward.


Meanwhile on the site we will begin to start harvesting the in the various ponds we stocked to do growth and system trials back in January and February. 


Then, we will begin to re-stock the respective ponds according to the parameters of the commercial production model we established a few weeks ago.


The second half of 2012 should see some significant harvests that will approach the densities and the size yields we have in our farm and financial models. 


Our system really does benefit from size. The larger our ponds, the better the system performs.


This 1/4 scale model, impressive as it is with over 1 acre under roof, simply does not give us the economies of scale and a larger enough environment to optimize our system's capabilities. 


That said, once we build the first of our full scale production modules in 2013 this current facility will be an excellent juvenile rearing facility. 


On another business front all three books we published under Delight Publishing last year, "Undercover", and my book about "Growing up with my Uncle Joe", (both authored by me) and "Half-Baked Confessions of a True Anti-Chef" by Lori are now available as E-books and can be downloaded on Kindle or other electronic readers, That is very cool. 


I have already downloaded all three on my I-Pad 2. 


I also just got out my 8 weight fly rod and rigged it and have it standing in a corner of the room ready for me to take out one morning and sight fish for those large "red fish" now starting to make their way up on the flats near the shoreline, as they follow the smaller bait fish during high tides. 


Now that I have settled in and recovered from my long trek to and back from Texas to Maryland it is time to get my lazy butt back into  an exercise routine again. 


Life can be very challenging but sometimes simply enjoying a moment in time and place, like today, is a reward for all one's efforts, in itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment