Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012


I do love Halloween.

I have watched "Frankenstein" today starring Boris Karloff. I also watched the "White Zombie", and "Hocus Pocus" (Bette Midler), and am currently watching "The Raven" with John Cusack. 

I have listened to my CD from WETA in DC called "Fright Night" which has 12 of the best classical macabre compositions in history.

I still think "Thriller" is the best music video of all time. I have listened to that about 5 times today.

Just learned today Lori has been accepted into a very promising clinical trial at NIH. She has to have 28 days to clear her former "chemo" but "Thank the Lord " (and I mean that literally) we have  a new treatment protocol for her.

Here is a great picture of Lori from Halloween 2009.



John Wayne said that "courage was about saddling up and riding even though you were afraid". Words to live by.

The runt was out tonight to feed. Given the fact she is a runt and in the normal evolution of things she would already be dead, she is doing pretty well.


She is still very little.

I bought a huge bag of M&M's for potential "Trick or Treaters". None have showed. I have eaten five bags of M&M's so far tonight. How sad is that?

I am tired but do not want to go to bed tonight. 

I am reminded of a statement by Charles De Lint, "You can't stand up to the night until you understand what's hiding in the shadows".

Kind of appropriate for this night , don't you think?

Happy Halloween.








No comments:

Post a Comment