Monday, October 29, 2012

Thoughts on a Monday Evening



It is Monday night, October 29, and my brain is working over time with an eclectic array of thoughts.


Hurricane Sandy really was almost as bad as the prognosticators predicted and may get a lot worse as the next 24 hours unfold.

Nature really does not see humans as a dominant species.

That is probably a good thing.

Even though I have always known that drug companies have no soul it is hard to face the reality that clinical trials are all about getting a new and "profitable" drug to the market and have nothing to do with saving the human guinea pigs that make that possible.

Facing some tough decisions on what is best for Lori as we look at several different options to deal with the devastating news from last Thursday.

Not enough information yet to make a final choice. The process  of trying to save her life is like running through mud, pursued by the living dead, thinking its a dream only to wake up each morning and realize it is real. No way to put any positive spin on it.

One thing I have learned is that when doctors start talking to you about your "faith" based beliefs, they have already given up on you. 

Another thing I have learned. You have heard forever doctors make the statement, " We are not Gods". Well, they are not. And more to the point they are not even that special as human beings.

They bring all the biases, flaws, and idiosyncrasies to the table as we all do.

A good friend of mine once pointed out the fact to me that "one-half of all doctors finish in the lower half of their class". Sobering.

We are closing in on a site for the expansion and full production farm here in Texas.

It is kind of bittersweet. I always make money and this project is going to literally print money. 

If Lori is not here here to spend her portion it will not seem right. She has endured and put up with my obsession with this project for so long. 

I like pelicans. It hit me today as I was walking out of Pier 19 on SPI and saw a group of them resting. They are so cool. I have no idea how anyone can be so arrogant or ignorant to think the multitude of life forms on this planet  "just happened". Give me a frigging break. 


I am more tired these days but not sure if it is emotionally caused or just, well. just what it it is.

As you get older it is hard to have a passion yet it is having a passion that makes life worth living. Kind of a paradox.











No comments:

Post a Comment