Monday, January 14, 2013

A Poignant Memory and Some Good News


I promised I would write a whole blog soon all about Elle, our yellow lab who passed away just before this past Christmas. I am still too sad to actually try and capture even a few memories and emotions about this wonderful friend and companion, who was with us for nearly 13 years, but for some reason today, I wanted to keep her fresh in my mind. So here is a picture of her at home a few days before she passed away. 



I got some very good news the other day. All five of the possums I rescued and sent to rehabilitation with a wonderful wildlife rehab lady here in Texas, have survived, and are ready for release. Here is a picture she sent me yesterday of one of the group.



I like possums. I think they are sorely misunderstood and mistreated. The fact these five have made it to adulthood (against all odds, if you know anything about possums) and are ready to be released into a relatively safe environment is a very, very, satisfying moment for me. 

The following picture was taken today of my son, Stephen, with a 57 gram shrimp from pond 11. 
Now that is a jumbo shrimp.    



                                                                                      
We should be able to close on the land that will be our future home for the company here in Texas by the first week in February. 

As I have written recently on this blog, we are so ready to start commercial production, that all of us involved with the project here the past two years can hardly contain ourselves. 





No comments:

Post a Comment