Sunday, September 14, 2014

TRANSITION


Life goes on. 

At least that is what the pundits say. 

I suppose that platitude is supposed to somehow give us comfort at times of loss and during our grief. 

Right now for me, personally, I suspect that time, the realities of day to day existence, and expanding our business, and "thank the Lord", having a very large and wonderful extended family, will in due course, dull the pain. 

So, the transition, from battling and researching everything there is to know about cancer that a layman can understand, to living a more "normal" life (whatever the hell normal means) has begun. 

Whether I am ready for it or not.

One thing that brings me great comfort is my animal family. They need me and I need them and that is a very important thing for me. 

The following (the poodles) is not the best picture, but look at those faces. Their world is now very different, but they can be assured they are safe and loved and their health and well being is and will always be a huge priority in my life. 


And of course, one adage that remains a constant is that "business does not stop". We are going to be doing some very exciting things within the company over the next few months including but not limited to, our first commercial harvests, beginning our first overseas project, and something very exciting, we will be designing and bringing from concept to reality, a strong and new environmental component to the operation in Texas. 

Also, we have already sold locally some of the shrimp we processed and froze a few months ago and the reaction to the taste and quality has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pictured below is a local dish from a local restaurant featuring GBT shrimp. 


I am looking forward to over the next few blogs expanding on a concept I have discussed verbally with many individuals over the past two decades and that is the concept of true "ethical capitalism".

Now that we are operational and expanding and all of the major parts of the company are coming into play, I believe the timing to discuss this "model" could not be better. 

In short, "ethical capitalism" is developing companies that produce critically needed resources without damaging the environment (and here is where it gets even more exciting), but in a manner and using methodologies that actually "improve" the environmental conditions of this earth and its oceans on which we reside. 

And does the above the old fashioned way, using human intelligence, sweat equity, visionary investors, and through building teams of like minded individuals. 

And by rejecting and not using government subsidies and tax reduction (read "evasion") scams and political "chicanery". (Now that is a word we no longer use enough, "chicanery").

And also begins to focus on reducing the amount of sentient non-human life required to sustain our own existence.

Now that last objective is the one objective/goal that I know made Lori smile. Stay tuned. I think the full scale design of GBT may surprise a lot of you.

Finally, I want to thank the thousands (literally over 2700) of you who showed such a compassionate interest and concern and support over the past two plus weeks, that followed our devastating loss. 

It was overwhelming and stunning and comforting. Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the dogs have you to look after them. I am sure Lori is too! Have thought of you guys frequently and hope you are doing okay. Will keep you, Stephen, Victoria, the dogs and the continued success of your business in my prayers. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete