Friday, October 7, 2011

Decision

It's been a hell of a week.


Tons of last minute difficulties with bringing our production module on line.


Nothing I am not used to but to quote Patrick Swayze in the movie Roadhouse "It is amazing what you can get used to".


Regardless of the last minute gnashing of teeth as we limp to the finish line on the construction phase of this first production module of our recirculating aquaculture system, we are there. 


We have accomplished what we set as our objective back in January and we now have a functioning example of what our system can do. This little module will produce 85,000 pounds of live jumbo shrimp annually and that is pretty cool.


Now I have to find the next level of investment capital to expand our production capability. It won't be easy given these very stressful economic times but hey, that is what I am supposed to be good at doing.


The good news is I am no longer tethered to living in Brownsville, Texas. I have been here for 9 months and with all due respect to the locals here, it isn't my cup of tea.


I have a great house in suburban Maryland but the thought of returning to living in the suburbs frankly, is very depressing. I think the suburbs anywhere in the USA are purgatory at best and well you can imagine what I think they are at worst.


Given my life of traveling and working all over the globe and considering that Hemingway was and is a sort of hero of mine, I  am thinking Key West as a possible destination and abode for 2012.


It is bohemian enough to appeal to my fantasies and while still in the USA has a certain exotic flavor. I may have just made a decision.


Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment