Saturday, December 17, 2011

I will be in Maryland over the next two weeks.


Except for the three days I will be in NYC, (including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) where I will see the Radio City Rockettes annual Christmas show on Christmas Day. If you have not seen it do your self a favor and make plans next Christmas to go. There is really nothing like it in the world.  


Been an amazing year professionally. Last year at this time I was not even sure I could revive our aquaculture project one more time. Today as I prepare to fly back to Maryland for  a few weeks we have are actually growing shrimp  in our own greenhouse and we have (to the best of my knowledge) the only recirculating, sustainable, bio-secure  commercial aquaculture system  in the world. 


In a few months we will harvest the first of our shrimp and actually sell them for consumption. 


Go Figure !!


I am so proud of the team that has worked their proverbial behinds off to get us to this point it is hard to express. It is just a pleasure working with honest and self motivated professionals who see the vision and potential in our system. 


It is Christmas and that for me is a time to count my blessings. I have been talking to God a lot this year perhaps more then ever in my life and as the year winds down it is obvious God is listening.


Lori has been admitted into MD Anderson and there she will be surrounded by the best doctors and nurses and staff in the world for dealing with her specific illness. 


My friends rallied for me and for Lori in 2012 and with their help and prayers we succeeded in getting the MD Anderson opportunity.


Next year, we are poised for a break out year for our company and our system. I have no idea what direction it will come from but as people learn what we have accomplished and can see firsthand  (once again) how productive and risk free our system is, I am confident opportunities to expand our production dramatically here in Texas and beyond will present themselves.

My horse Charm who I have had since she was 6 months old is still alive and enjoying life. A year ago she was diagnosed with cancer and I was told she probably should be put down.


We did not do that and next week on Christmas Day she will get her Christmas basket of special edible treats which she loves dearly. She will be 27 next March.




                                              CHARM 


The rest of the menagerie will enjoy Christmas as well. 


Lots of good things to look forward to in 2012.


Michigan Wolverines in Sugar Bowl January 3rd "GO BLUE !!!!" 


And today I saw the trailer for the movie version of one of my favorite books of all time.


The book is "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" and the movie trailer looks delightful.....


We should be selling our first shrimp in March, less then 10 months since we broke ground to build our production facility. 


So, Merry Christmas to all and thank God for the blessings we have both large and small every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment