Monday, March 12, 2012

Laughing at one's self



I read a lot of books. 


In the past two months I have finished about 15 titles. 


I read for fun, for escapism, for information, for enlightenment, and sometimes just to read.


Tony Schuur left me the latest book by Jim Harrison his last trip to the site.


I had not read a Jim Harrison book since 2008 when I read "The English Major".


My favorite Harrison book was always "Wolf" until now. (And yes, I loved "Legends of the Fall" but maybe in honesty I liked the movie better than the book in this one instance). 


Maybe it is that I am over 50. 


Maybe it is because I have lived long enough to laugh at my pretensions and my fears and my weaknesses.


Maybe I just do not take myself that seriously anymore. 


I loved this story.


Harrison is a true American treasure.


I have never read more honest thoughts. 


Do yourself a favor.


Get a copy of "The Great Leader " tomorrow and sit down and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment