Sunday, March 25, 2012

MEMORIES



Had a great weekend.


It was very much needed.


Some very good friends and strong supporters of our aquaculture system came down for a visit.


We had a great time.


Since Lori is going back to our home in Maryland later this week, it was a chance for my son Stephen and I to have a bit of "buddy time".


Most important it was a chance to make some more memories.


I truly believe that memories are the currency that enrich our lives.


I also know for me if I cram enough good memories into my brain it crowds out bad memories (with time and with reflection).


It is not what you own, not what you drive, not your job title or anything else that defines you as an individual, it is the experiences you have, with the individuals you care for, that provide the substance of your being and validate your existence.


Memories come from experiences, and rich, wonderful, memories come from rich, wonderful, experiences. 


You can have good, even wonderful memories from experiences you made alone, but for me the richest, warmest, and most enduring memories are those made from experiences shared. 


I had a great friend visit this weekend and he brought some very neat people with him that I believe will become my friends in the years ahead.


My son, caught his biggest fish ever, and more importantly after landing him suggested we release the fish back into the ocean.


You have no idea how proud that made me.


I have a lot to accomplish in the next 7 days and then a return to focusing on securing significant funding to expand our production over the next 12 months.


But this weekend was about making memories, the currency of a life well lived. 







No comments:

Post a Comment