Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday



As I write this I am watching the rain come down and the temperature drop. Cloudy and cooler is forecast for next 4-5 days.


Our new boiler will get its first test tonight and over the next few days.


Pond temperatures were 30.2 C this morning so we lost no heat last night.


One of the very special things about our system is our ability to keep the pond water temperatures within the optimum range for shrimp growth and survival regardless of how cold or how hot the weather may get outside.


We transferred about 50,000 "five plus gram shrimp" into two new ponds yesterday and brought in 50,000 new post larvae for stocking.


Weights of first group now 10 grams and better. 


After a very challenging year we appear to be in full production mode now. Lots of challenges ahead but at least we are now looking at actual dates to begin selling our first shrimp. 


I am also exploring several avenues to find the dollars to expand production capability in 2012 and to secure a larger site for our operations.


But for today I am going to just kick back and watch the Super Bowl.


I am rooting for New England, not because I don't like the Giants, I actually think they are a good team but Tom Brady is a Michigan graduate so I will be pulling for the Patriots.


After today business should go into high gear and I have no idea when I will be able to catch a breath and relax again in the near future.


It feels good to know there will be enormous pressure on me to succeed and take this company to the next level. For me, these are the kind of challenges that make life worth living.  

No comments:

Post a Comment